Botanical Hair & Scalp Oil: Handcrafted and Formulated for Alopecia
I formulated this Botanical Hair & Scalp Oil from years of experience in overcoming Alopecia. Each bottle is handcrafted by yours truly, here in Canada, through a long process that takes weeks. The results is vibrant green ‘liquid gold’ in a bottle: a superb concentration of hair-and-scalp-benefiting herbs and ingredients that provide deep nutrition and nourishment to the scalp and hair follicles, feeding them from the root level.
- Freshly harvested, homegrown raw rosemary + rosemary essential oil: Contains rosmarinic acid and other antioxidants that have been shown to promote hair growth and improve scalp health.
- Black cumin seeds (Nigella Sativa): Contains thymoquinone, a compound with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that has been shown to improve hair growth and reduce hair loss.
- Coconut: Contains lauric acid which has been shown to penetrate hair shaft and improve hair health and reduce protein loss.
- Sweet almond: Contains high levels of biotin, which has been shown to promote hair growth.
- Kukui nut: Contains linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid that has been shown to improve hair and scalp health by reducing inflammation and increasing hydration.
- Cedarwood essential oil: Has been shown to improve scalp circulation and increase hair growth in a clinical trial with 86 participants.
- Lavender essential oil: Has been shown to promote hair growth and improve hair thickness in a clinical trial with 86 participants.
- Thyme essential oil: Has been shown to have antimicrobial properties that can improve scalp health and reduce dandruff.
- Peppermint essential oil: Contains menthol which has been shown to improve hair growth by increasing blood circulation to the scalp.
- Pure vitamin E oil: Has been shown to have antioxidant properties that can improve hair growth by reducing oxidative stress and protecting hair follicles from damage.
- NO chemicals, additives, fragrance, or any funky stuff
- The right topical care can be incredibly helpful in overcoming Alopecia, by reducing hair loss and accelerating healthy hair regrowth, when supported by strong diet and lifestyle practices.
- Hair growth cycles take time, and best results are expected when the oils are used regularly over a period of time.
A randomized, double-blind, controlled trial published in 1998 concluded that treatment with essential oils — lavender, cedarwood, rosemary and thyme — was significantly more effective than treatment with carrier oils alone. The study showed that 44% of participants who used essential oils mixed with carrier oils got improvement in their Alopecia Areata, compared to only 15% who used only carrier oils.
How to use the product
First time usage:
- Do a patch test to see if you have any sensitivity or allergy to the ingredients. If you develop any irritation or reaction after use on other areas of the skin, or after continuous use, stop using the product.
- If you have concerns about using oils on your skin and scalp, and/or have underlying conditions, please consult your dermatologist before using this product.
- This product contains only pure and natural ingredients, but children can be more sensitive. Be sure to do a patch test and to be safe, please consult your doctor before using it on children.
- Start by using a small amount of the product (one or two droppers on each spot), and slowly build up the amount over time.
As spot treatment or hair mask:
- Apply the oil on bald or thinning spots on the scalp, then gently massage for a couple of minutes. For sensitive scalp, simply dab the oil on and don’t massage.
- Leave the oil on for a few hours or overnight before gently washing it off with gentle shampoo.
- For Alopecia Totalis or Alopecia Universalis, apply the oil generously all over the scalp and leave it on for a few hours or overnight before gently washing it off.
- If you have more sensitive skin, you can wash it off sooner.
How long before you can expect to see results
Remember that hair growth cycles take time, and best results are expected when the oils are used regularly, and when all aspects of your diet and lifestyle are also taken care of. Allow at least 3 to 6 months.
Everyone has different underlying conditions, diet and lifestyle, so results may vary.
No return or refund
Due to the nature of this product, there are no returns or refunds, no exceptions (including if you are allergic or sensitive to the product). Please be sure before you purchase.
Please read up on all the information about the ingredients listed, and use at your own risk. If you are allergic to nuts, this product is not suitable for you. I make no guarantees of nor am I held liable for any specific outcomes or results.